What I Offer:
Line edits: This includes cutting/tightening, word choice issues, pointing out missed opportunities, formatting issues, highlighting those words/lines that are really working, etc.
Big picture: This includes suggestions for revision and an examination of the story as a whole. What's working well? How are the basic story elements functioning (characters, plot, setting, point of view, etc.)? How is the pacing? The narrative voice? Is there enough tension? I love looking at character arc, their motivations, decisions, etc. I can also help with market ideas, places that might be a good fit for your story. I love diving in and really pushing a story!
* 15 years teaching creative writing (Chapman University, Orange County School of the Arts, UC Irvine-extension)
* 10 years leading private workshops and freelance editing
* 30+ short stories published in various literary journals and anthologies
* Editor-in-Chief of Flash Frog
* MFA in Creative Writing & MA in Literature from Chapman University